21 February 2009

Look at us now

Today my parents came to New York last minute to see the apartment we are trying to purchase :)

I think they really liked it. It was so nice to see them, I miss be able to see my parents on the weekends when I used to be able to drive home from Austin..

Today's projects include:

3D design - complete plates for Project #1 (Head covering inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
  • My idea involves creating a helmet type head-piece marrying the themes of playing cards of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to the them of Chess in Through the Looking-Glass.
  • I am created a piece inspired by the white knight and the way the horse's mane in John Tenniel's original illustrations appeared, but constructed out of playing cards.
  • Here is my progress as of two days ago (I've since finished all of the plates and am now working on attaching them to a fabric hood base to be worn on your head)

No comments: