28 February 2009
Here's a quick second of the lab project:
Kevin and I are listening to Taylor Swift and singing alog and feeling very restless but we don't know what's open right now...
25 February 2009
24 February 2009
23 February 2009
I just now got back from my long long day. For three Mondays I was taking the Fashion Intensives workshop and today was the last night. From now on Mondays will only be 12:00 pm - 5:40 pm instead of the 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
Overall, a good day school-wise. Muscle-wise, my back is cramping and my shoulders hurt, and I probably have carpal tunnel in both my hands. In drawing we did all these cool illustrations whilst studying the proportions. I accidentally overachieved again, because I got so excited about being able to create characters.
In the workshop, a model wore my look and we got some really good drawings down of the three girls. I got positive feedback from the instructors and they loved the drawings! The model was good too, tall and beautiful, and fit the clothes pretty well. Friday is the Fashion Board critique for Freshmen and they told me to bring the look and my sketches out with me for them to see...along with that they'll be critiquing my 3D project (card helmet).
Tonight's homework includes finishing 3D and 2D homework...so much to do.
- 3D: Complete the helmet and presentation board
1. ORGANIC PATTERNS
One Organic Pattern Unit;
Designed for" a Translation" Field Pattern.
1. Use only pencil and / or black pen
to create an outline-based unit;
Some "Micron" or similar pens have an ultra thin line
Available at Utrecht and other art supply stores.
NOTE: We will be using Photoshop to add color later.
2. Use nature and organic geometry as you primary inspiration
3. Create an asymmetrical pattern that will lend itself to translation.
1. Please focus on self-expression and personal voice
2. Use your own style (don't depend solely on class examples)
3. While nature should be the inspiration, you may include
additional elements (of your choice).
Better get going.
Scans from today's work to come tomorrow when I can get to a scanner at Arnold Hall..
11:45 am - 3:00 pm: lab meeting at Nikol's
- we got our things drawn out and decided to make a trailer for the presentation on Thursday in supplement to our animation.
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Kevin and I try to go to Think Coffee for some drawing homework but couldn't stay because there were not any free tables. So I wanted to go home and clean.
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Clean/draw
6:00 pm: Isaac shows up unexpected to the apartment and we're watching Hustle and Flow hah!
6:30 pm - 7:45 pm: Dinner with Isaac at Cafeteria (17th/7th Ave)
8:00 pm: today's homework
Progress includes completing the look I was working on from my collection for the Fashion Intensives workship. I feel a little like I slacked but my arm is hurting so much from stapling all the plates yesterday and hand-sewing these trims that I just can't imagine doing much else. I wish I had my machine, this could have gone a lot quicker..
I wanted it to look whimsical, something taken straight out of a Lewis Carroll book.
22 February 2009
Tomorrow's agenda includes:
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm: Meet at Nikol's apartment (15th/6th Ave) for lab group meeting to finish drawings
- finish drawings (mini portraits - ct. 54)
- sew together Look #1 for collection presentation at the fashion intensives workshop
Lots and lots to do, should probably get to bed now.
21 February 2009
I think they really liked it. It was so nice to see them, I miss be able to see my parents on the weekends when I used to be able to drive home from Austin..
Today's projects include:
3D design - complete plates for Project #1 (Head covering inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
- My idea involves creating a helmet type head-piece marrying the themes of playing cards of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to the them of Chess in Through the Looking-Glass.
- I am created a piece inspired by the white knight and the way the horse's mane in John Tenniel's original illustrations appeared, but constructed out of playing cards.
- Here is my progress as of two days ago (I've since finished all of the plates and am now working on attaching them to a fabric hood base to be worn on your head)