23 February 2009

Baby it's cold outside

Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur.
-At least you'll never be a vegetable — even artichokes have hearts.

I just now got back from my long long day. For three Mondays I was taking the Fashion Intensives workshop and today was the last night. From now on Mondays will only be 12:00 pm - 5:40 pm instead of the 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm.

Overall, a good day school-wise. Muscle-wise, my back is cramping and my shoulders hurt, and I probably have carpal tunnel in both my hands. In drawing we did all these cool illustrations whilst studying the proportions. I accidentally overachieved again, because I got so excited about being able to create characters.

In the workshop, a model wore my look and we got some really good drawings down of the three girls. I got positive feedback from the instructors and they loved the drawings! The model was good too, tall and beautiful, and fit the clothes pretty well. Friday is the Fashion Board critique for Freshmen and they told me to bring the look and my sketches out with me for them to see...along with that they'll be critiquing my 3D project (card helmet).

Tonight's homework includes finishing 3D and 2D homework...so much to do.
- 3D: Complete the helmet and presentation board
- 2D:

1. ORGANIC PATTERNS

Complete:
One Organic Pattern Unit;
Hand drawn.
Designed for" a Translation" Field Pattern.

Parameters:
1. Use only pencil and / or black pen
to create an outline-based unit;
-------------------
Some "Micron" or similar pens have an ultra thin line
Available at Utrecht and other art supply stores.
-------------------
NOTE: We will be using Photoshop to add color later.
-------------------
2. Use nature and organic geometry as you primary inspiration
3. Create an asymmetrical pattern that will lend itself to translation.

Additions:
1. Please focus on self-expression and personal voice
2. Use your own style (don't depend solely on class examples
)
3. While nature should be the inspiration, you may include
additional elements (of your choice).


Better get going.


Scans from today's work to come tomorrow when I can get to a scanner at Arnold Hall..

No comments: